Monday, April 9, 2012

Musing Mondays (3)

Musing Monday is a weekly event where MizB of Should Be Reading will ask a book/reading-related question, and you answer with your own thoughts on the topic.



Question:
What do you think are the top 5 books every woman should read?

Answer:
Well. That can be a hard one. I don't read books that are "Just written for women" (or just for men) I read a lot of YA books so they are for both genders but I will try and answer it by counting down to my top one! :) 

5. The Lovely Bones- Alice Sebold
I heard of this book back when I was in High School. A Girl did a book report and I was instantly intrigued in reading it. It's a great read and as a mother I don't know what I would do if this happened to me. I felt what her father felt and I found myself striving to find out if they found her or not.

4. What was Lost- Catherine O'Flynn
This is another story of a young girl who goes missing. Again, I don't know what I would do. The story revolves around Kim's friend  and Kim herself and looking for the truth. It's an easy read and you get sucked in pretty quick.

3. I am Morgan le Fay- Nancy Springer
This is where my Fairytales began. I seen Cinderella and Snow White and all that Disney stuff but when I bought I am Morgan le Fay in a Schoolastic Book thing in Middle School that's when I began to like fairytales and magic and Fantasy. Always being around a realistic father It was nice to disappear in a story that I wished I could be in. It's a fantastic read for sure!!

2. White Oleander- Janet Fitch
I read this book before the movie and I loved it. I also loved the movie and if you seen the movie before reading it or didn't know that it was a book- go read it! It's full of morbidness and craziness, love and sadness. Every emotion in one book. It's one huge poem to me. The rantings of a messed up girl and I love books that are messed up and weird. This is one. It's a beautiful read!!

1. The Hunger Games (Trilogy)- Suzanne Collins
I don't have to explain these. You can read my reviews on what I thought about these books. I could have filled up 3 spots with these but I decided that all 3 are my Top 1 because you can't read 1 and not the other 2! My new favorite books. BY FAR! It will take a mind blower to knock these books out of the top 1 for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment